- You must be at least 21 years of age or 18 if active military.
- Absolutely no domestic violence convictions or deferred adjudication.
- You have not been convicted of a class A or B misdemeanor in the last 5 years. (Remember Deferred Adjudication = Conviction when it comes to CHL – LTC)
- If you have a non-person felony more than 10 years old, you MAY qualify. Contact us
- You cannot be charged with any offense that could make you ineligible to carry a concealed weapon.
- You cannot be chemically dependent. (2 DUI’s, DWI’s. or BUI’s in 10 years or 2 possession charges in 10 years.)
- You have not been judged to be mentally incompetent. (By anyone other than your spouse.)
- You must have no judgements against you for taxes, school loans, or child support. (However, if you have a payment agreement and are paying it off you will probably qualify.)
- You must not be under a court protective order or restraining order that involves a spousal relationship. (Affecting property only is OK.)
If you have any questions regarding your eligibility to qualify for a Concealed Handgun License please feel free to contact us by phone or e-mail or go to the Texas Department of Public Safety Website: www.txdps.state.tx.us BEFORE you pay your fee to the state. The fee is non-refundable.